Goals & Objectives
Medical Disaster Response 2024
April 14, 2024
The program offers comprehensive continuing education in the treatment of critically ill and injured patients, stressing current basic and innovative guidelines and technology for evaluation, diagnosis, and management. The course is designed to enhance the knowledge and skills of those caring for ill and injured patients in rural, urban, and suburban hospitals.
- Develop strategies to meet challenges of triage, limited resources, ethical and moral risks, and coordinating multiple agencies in MCI situations
- Modify individual situation MCI and disaster responses based on data from past responses
- Discuss specific clinical response, including managing limited blood supplies, trauma bay violence, vehicular terrorist attacks, and the border health crisis
- Discuss ways to address the disconnect between institutional administrators and “in the trench” responders in MASCAL situations
- Discuss medical response and motorsport medicine
Didactic lecture, panel discussions, interactive sessions, audiovisual aids, and course syllabus.
CME credit has been applied for. Please visit the ACCREDITATION PAGE of the web site to get specific accreditation designation for the conferences.
For the purposes of recertification, the American Nurses Credentialing Center accepts AMA PRA Category 1 creditstmissued by organizations accredited by the ACCME.
Business attire is appropriate for the meeting. Every effort will be made to provide a comfortable learning environment; however, meeting room temperatures are variable and may be difficult to control. The temperature is occasionally cool in the meeting rooms; therefore, a jacket or sweater is recommended.
All registrants will be provided a name badge for use during the meeting. For security purposes, name badges are required at all times in the convention area. Individuals without a badge will not be permitted into the course rooms or exhibit hall. Lost badges will be replaced for a $20 fee.
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN VEGAS
For Vegas show information/reservations as well as information on surrounding attractions, visit the Las Vegas Convention & Visitors Authority web site, www.visitlasvegas.com. Their call center number is: , 1-877-VISITLV (847-4858.
As the meeting dates draw closer, more show information will be available on this site. Also, check our conference website for late breaking show information. www.trauma-criticalcare.com