CRITICAL CARE &
ACUTE CARE SURGERY 2017
MARCH 20-22, CAESARS PALACE
LAS VEGAS, NV
2017 Program and general conference information will be posted
on the web site as it becomes available
2016 MEET THE MASTERS
Four years ago, this special session, limited to faculty, residents and fellows, was initiated and has become a favourite time "to look forward to" for trainees and teachers alike. While faculty participation is optional, for the past three years, ALL have chosen to participate in this exciting, interactive time, which has proven extremely beneficial for all faculty and attendees.
Doctor Kenneth Mattox serves as moderator/facilitator and assures "informal" yet structured discussions centered on the following questions and concepts relating to surgery, medical economics, medical politics, board & certifying examinations and process, hospital credentialing, job satisfaction, job opportunities, and similar subjects:
- What is "acute care surgery ?
- How does acute care surgery differ from "Trauma and Surgical Critical Care ?"
- Work hours and practice patterns – Who do they impact? How?
- Case mix for acute care surgery
- Turf issues among other surgical disciplines and among other medical specialties
- Division of time/responsibilities among the faculty
- Other recommendations or feedback on either conference material or the evolving practice of surgery